Saturday, July 30, 2005

The `Decent Left' Songbook

I hate the term `decent left' because it's complete bullshit. As I have posted before, `war criminal left' is a far more accurate term. So, for the leading proponents of mass-murdering civilians in the interests of US neo-imperialism I would like to suggest the following apposite theme tunes:

David Aaronovitch (Mr Big Fat Fraud) `Art For Art's Sake' (Money For God's Sake)
Nick Cohen (Does he come from Barking?) `They're Coming To Take Me Away Ha-haaa' (Napoleon XIV 1966)
Christopher Hitchens (Popinjay) `Deck Of Cards' (Max Bygraves version, natch)
Johann Hari (Mr Originality) `Second Hand Rose'

I suggest that if you ever have the misfortune to read anything by these idiots, just have that individual's theme tune tinkling away in the back of your mind. `They're coming to take me away ha-haaa' is particularly relevant to Cohen's recent bilge.

Grouchy.

No comments: