Monday, July 25, 2005

Just What The World Needs ...

...another blog. So here it is. Why `tendence grouchy'? Because of the graffiti that went up on the walls of Paris in May '68 - Je suis Marxiste, tendence Groucho. It turns out that I'm more grouch-y than Grouch-o, hence the slight adaptation.

What will I be wittering about? Politics, undoubtedly. I have to have some outlet for my rage against what Blair and Bush are doing to the world. And the media, too. Yes, I know blogs are constantly criticised for adding another layer of commentary to that already produced by the media. But, hey, if media comment wasn't so lacklustre and spineless we wouldn't have to do it. Also, since the Guardian and Independent seem to choose not to publish my letters (we have an agreement - they don't publish my letters, I don't buy their papers), I guess they'll turn up here.

But I might also blog about non-current affairs stuff, like my love of the Sixties, and old television programmes (they don't make 'em like that anymore you know).

Of course, whether anyone out there will read it is another matter.

No comments: